Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Chiller

Summer is officially here and its obviously packed plenty of heat in its suitcase. If you didn't know........IT'S HOT OUTSIDE!!! And not is it just hot, but its been raining quite a bit, so its hot and muggy outside. I was thinking of creative ways to beat the heat and thought back to my childhood days. We would spend all day playing outside but when we got too hot, we would run inside to grab something cold to drink(and a slice of watermelon). I'm 150% Southern so the drink of choice was always sweet tea or kool-aid.  Those are classics but I wanted something new and updated! Then I remembered that on my recent trip home my family and I all went to pick strawberries at the local farm, so I had an ample supply of fresh HANDPICKED (all by myself) strawberries!
 Now strawberries have always been a my favorite fruit, flavor and sign of summer! I figured I could use my harvest of fresh strawberries into a cool drink to cool down from the heat of the summer. I also had an abundance of fresh mint(regular and orange mint) that was growing in my planter box outside. What a combination strawberries and fresh mint.

For the drink I simply used a cup or 2 of some boxed juice I had on hand but in the future I think some fresh squeezed lemonade would be perfect for this recipe.

Strawberry Mint Chiller
2 Cups of your favorite juice
1 Cup of Strawberries
1 Cup of Ice
Few mint leaves
Sugar (optional if you like your drinks sweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment